What is an LVL Lash Treatment?
Exclusive to Nouveau Lashes, the LVL Lash Lift is a revolutionary lash treatment that creates masses of Length, Volume and Lift with your own natural lashes. In this treatment, your own lashes are shaped and straightened to give you noticeably longer and thicker lashes for up to 6-8 weeks. These incredible results are created from your own lashes, with no need for extensions or strip lashes. The treatment doesn't harm or damage your own lashes, however the Nouveau Lash and Brow Conditioning Serum is recommended after the treatment to maintain and nourish your lashes (available from the studio £20).
Do I need a patch test?
Yes, a patch test is mandatory for this treatment. Unfortunately it cannot go ahead without a valid patch test, undertaken at least 48 hours prior to treatment.
What does the treatment involve?
This is performed with your eyes closed. An LVL Silicone Shield will be chosen and placed on your eyelid, depending on your eye shape, and length of lashes. Then, using a bonding gel formulation, your lashes will be secured over the shield. Three other solutions are then applied, as well as an eyelash tint. The treatment will take no longer than 90 minutes.
What maintenance is required?
After 48 hours, this treatment is absolutely maintenance free.
Who is not suitable for this treatment?
Unfortunately, the LVL treatment is not suitable for those who are pregnant, breastfeeding or under the age of 18. In addition, the following medical conditions are contraindications for the treatment and, sadly if you have any of the below, we will be unable to carry out the treatment:
* Dry eye syndrome
* Conjunctivitis (must wait 4 weeks after eye is better)
* Weak or brittle lashes
* Hooded eyes where the skin sits on the lashes
Please advise if you have any of the following medical conditions and we will establish if we are able to progress with the treatment:
Is there anything I need to do before my treatment?
On the day of the treatment please:
* Ensure all eye make-up is removed with an OIL-FREE remover (remember micellar water DOES include oil)
* Avoid applying oily products on your lashes or around your eyes (moisturiser/eye cream/ make-up remover/ serums)
* Do not wear mascara or have a spray tan
* Ensure contact lenses are removed prior to the treatment, for this reason it is recommend glasses are worn
What aftercare is involved for an LVL treatment?
To achieve the maximum results from your treatment, it is recommended you follow the aftercare advice:
* Do not get your lashes wet and avoid steam, saunas and swimming for the first 48 hours
* Avoid touching , rubbing or wearing mascara and ensure your lashes are not disturbed or manipulated into different positions for the first 48 hours (e.g. when sleeping, don’t use sleep masks, when cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or make-up)